Diabetes is a metabolic disorder. There are two types:
DIABETES INSIPIDUS(Less common) is characterized by excessive thirst and large volume of urine which has low specific gravity. It is caused by lack of ant-diuretic hormone manufactured by the postenior pituitary gland.
Diabetes mellitus is more common. The symptoms are weakness and sometimes loss of weight, intense thirst and appetite, excess sweat and excess sleep. A wound takes long time to heal. There will be sugar content in the urine and excess sugar in the blood (ants gather at the place where the patient urinates). Diabetes mellitus is caused by the malfunctioning of the pancreas, which produces insulin and works as a catalistic agent to break down sugar (glucose).
METHI POWDER, One teaspoonful early morning on an empty stomach. Or, one tablespoon of methi is oaked overnight in water. Drink the water and eat the sprouted seeds.
2. Karaila (bitter gourd): Take the juice of leaves or fruit. Dose: 1cup on empty stomach.
3. Neem Leaves: Juice or hot infusion: Dose: 2 tablespoonful; infusion-1cup.
4. Touch Me Not Plant: Take the juice or decoction. Dose; juice -30ml, decoction-1cup.
5. Chiretta: infusion, 1cup once a day.
6. Jamun: Bark juice, or powder of the seeds, juice: 1 tablespoon; powder 1tsp.
7. Bael: Leaves cooked in steam; make a paste or dry and make churnam. Dose: 1 teaspoonful on empty stomach.
8. Punarnava: Eat 1-10 leaves early in the morning.
9. Curry leaves: Eat curry leaves in (Murraya koenigii) in any form.>
10. Take Gooseberry juice (avla) 1/2 cup.