NEW DELHI: Making it easier for you to update your Aadhaar card, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has opened 21 Aadhaar Seva Kendras across India where Aadhaar card holders can change their address, mobile number, etc. You can even apply for a new Aadhaar card in case you don’t have one at these Aadhaar centres.
List of Aadhaar Seva Kendras already open:
1. Delhi: Akshardham Metro Station
2. Delhi: Inderlok Metro Station
3. Delhi: Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, Near Mohan Estate Metro Station
4. Agra: Sanjay Place
5. Hisar: Metropolis Mall, Delhi Road
6. Chandigarh: Sector 17 A
7. Bhopal: Danish Nagar
8. Bhopal: Maharana Pratap Nagar
9. Chennai: Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Koyembedu
10. Lucknow: Vidhan Sabha Marg, Lalbagh
11. Patna: Near Hotel Utsav, New Dak Bunglow Road
12. Dehradun: AD Tower, Niranjanpur
13. Guwahati: Lachit Nagar, Ulubari
14. Ranchi: Behind Mangal Tower, Near Kantatoli Chowk
15. Jaipur: Orbit Mall, Civil Lines Metro Station
16. Silvassa: Shradha Complex, Near HDFC Bank
17. Shimla: C.K. Mall, ISBT Tutikandi
18. Vijaywada: Opp Municpal Water Tank, Labbipet
19. Bangalore (Bengaluru): Next to Pai Vista Convention Centre, Near South End Circle
20. Hyderabad: Reliance Cyber Ville, Madhapur
21. Mysore: CCK Complex, Vijaynagar 1st Stage
These Aadhaar centres, open for all seven days of the week during 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, have the capacity to handle up to 1,000 enrollment and update requests per day.
While Aadhaar enrolment is free, a nominal charge of ₹50 is payable for updating details like adding mobile number to Aadhaar, updating address, etc.
UIDAI said it plans to open a total of 114 standalone Aadhaar enrollment and update centres in 53 cities across India. In case you don’t have an Aadhaar centre nearby, you can visit any of the 35,000 Aadhaar enrollment centres run by banks, post offices and state governments.
Before visiting these Aadhaar centres, you need to take an online appointment on UIDAI portal.
What you can do at Aadhaar Seva Kendras:
● Fresh Aadhaar enrollment
● Name Update
● Address Update
● Mobile No. Update
● Email ID Update
● Date of Birth Update
● Gender Update
● Biometric (photo, fingerprints + Iris) update