6-yr-old falls into hot pot of veg curry; heres more
In a tragic incident, a six-year-old boy fell into a pot of hot vegetable curry in a school of Bahraich district of Uttar Pradesh.
The boy was said to be standing in a queue for midday meal when the accident took place.
The boy sustained serious burn injuries.
The incident took place on Monday in Hemriya Kutti gram panchayat area.
Shivam, a student of class 1, was standing in the queue for a midday meal in a village primary school when he stumbled and fell into the pot, the police said after the boy’s father filed a complaint with the police.
The boy’s father alleged that the school staff neither rushed Shivam to a hospital nor informed his family about the incident.
Upon returning home, Shivam fell unconscious and was rushed to a hospital where he is undergoing treatment, the father claimed.
On the basis of the father’s complaint, a case has been registered against the cook and teachers of the school, and a probe is on, the police said.
Three teachers, including a lady teacher, have been suspended after preliminary inquiry and action has been initiated against the cook, Bahraich’s Basic Shiksha Adhikari Amarkant Singh said.>