Bomb went off killing candidate ahead of Afghan election

Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack on Jabar Qahraman, the candidate running for the southern province of Helmand

Yet another bomb went off killing an Afghan election candidate in Helmand.

The bomb went off kept stashed under a sofa.

It is said that this marks escalation of deadly violence ahead of the October 20 parliamentary poll.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack on Jabar Qahraman, the candidate running for the southern province of Helmand.

The blast also injured another seven, as per local media reports.

Even the provincial governor spokesman Omar Zhwak told media persons on the incident.

It is said that at the time Qahraman was meeting his supporters in his election campaign office.

The police has so far made a few arrests in the case.

Poll-related violence has increased ahead of the long-delayed vote, with hundreds of people killed or wounded in attacks across the country.

Back to top button