- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 c. Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. garam masala, divided
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breast, cut into 1″ pieces
- 6 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Basmati rice, cooked. for serving
- Naan, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon, turmeric, 1 teaspoon garam masala, and cumin. Toss chicken in mixture and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a large Dutch oven (or wide pot) over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Working in batches, add the chicken and cook until golden all over, about 2 minutes per side. Remove and set aside chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium and melt another 2 tablespoons butter. Add the onions, jalapeños, and cinnamon stick. Cook until the onion and the jalapeños are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger, remaining teaspoon garam masala, and paprika and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and bring mixture to a simmer. Add the chicken and toss to coat in the sauce. Let simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add the cream and the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir until the butter has melted.
- Serve warm over rice with naan.
Please do vote...