Divyang’ persons to be provided with special ID cards, says Minister

“The Union Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry has initiated a special project aimed at giving unique identity to the ‘Divyang’ persons. The said project has been started in all the districts of Punjab.” This was disclosed here today in a press communiqué by the Social Security, Women & Child Development Minister, Punjab, Mrs. Aruna Chaudhary.

Mrs. Chaudhary said that the government has started a web portal www.swavlambancard.gov.in for the divyang persons under this project. As per this, the Health Department would provide a single unique identity card (UDID) to each divyang person of Punjab which would serve as a multipurpose document for identification of divyang persons.

The card would be applicable throughout the country. In accordance with the project, a central level database of the Divyang persons would be prepared so as to bring them in the mainstream at Village, Block, District, Provincial and National level and bring transparency in the facilities being granted to them. The various welfare schemes concerning Divyang persons are also available on this portal.

The minister also said that these facilities could only be availed by the Divyang persons through this UDID. The Health Department would also issue a ‘Divyangta Certificate’ along with this UDID. The divyang persons of the state need to register themselves at the www.swavlambancard.gov.in portal for availing the facility.

Mrs. Chaudhary further said that those divyang perons who have the off-line certificate earlier issued by the Health Department and who are willing to get made new ‘Divyangta Certificate’, can get themselves registered through their sewa kendars, computers, common service centres, health centres, social security office.

For more information, the Social Security Officer of the concerned district could be contacted by the divyang persons. At the sewa kendars and the common service centres, the divyang persons can get their registrations done at the charge of Rs. 10 per application.

Apart from this, the divyang persons can also contact the anganwari of their village who would facilitate the filling of the application forms and afterwards making sure it reaching the suvidha/common service centres.

Back to top button