India’s ‘Missile Man,’ Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was remembered on his third death anniversary today.
Kalam, fondly known as the ‘People’s President’, was born in Tamil Nadu’s Rameswaram on October 15, 1931.
He served as the 11th President of India between 2002 and 2007. Kalam believed in ‘simple living and high thinking’ philosophy.People even took to Twitter to pay homage to one of the most admired scientists of the nation.
Kalam, a visiting professor at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in Shillong, suffered a cardiac arrest while delivering a lecture to the students in 2015. Kalam was instrumental in laying the foundation of India’s space and missile development programme.
He played a key role in the 1998 Pokhran-II nuclear tests. Among several other prestigious awards, Kalam was honoured with India’s highest civilian honour ‘Bharat Ratna’ in 1997.
He authored nearly 25 books and was an inspiration among children.
Here are some of his inspiring quotes:
– You were born with wings. Don’t crawl. Learn to use them to fly and fly.
– Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action.
– Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.
– If you want to shine like a sun. First burn like a sun.
– If you fail, never give up because FAIL means ‘First Attempt In Learning’.
– Creativity is seeing the same thing but thinking differently.
– All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.
RIP from Clipper28 Family.>