Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Tuesday inaugurate the first ever All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) in the national capital on ‘Ayurveda Day’. It is modelled on the lines of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
The AIIA will bring in the synergy between traditional wisdom of Ayurveda and modern diagnostic tools and technology, said Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik.
- The AIIA has been set up on a total area of 10.015 acres on a budget of Rs 157 crore.
- It is the first medical institute under the AYUSH ministry to hold the coveted National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) accreditation.
- Nearly 1,500 participants from across the country are expected to be a part of the program. The Ayurvedic Standard Treatment Guidelines developed by the ministry will also be released at the inaugural function.
- The present clinical specialities of hospital block include neurological and degenerative disease care unit, rheumatology and musculoskeletal care unit, diabetes and metabolic/allergic disorders care unit, Yoga, Panchakarma clinic, Kriya Kalpa, diabetic retinopathy clinic and infertility clinic.
- It also has pathology, biochemistry, microbiology and radiology laboratories and diagnosis facilities.
- Post-graduate programme (MD/MS) in Ayurveda at AIIA started from the academic session 2016-17 and the PhD courses have been started for the session 2017-18, said Naik.
Please do vote...