Gold, went past the Rs. 32,000-mark by gaining Rs. 90 to trade at Rs. 32,040 per 10 grams at the bullion market today on fresh buying by local jewellers amid a firm trend overseas, reported .
Silver too firmed up by Rs. 200 to Rs. 38,000 per kg on the back of increased offtake by industrial units, it further said. Gold prices surged today after falling for three straight days, largely on fresh buying by jewellers at the domestic spot market, coupled with a better trend globally.
Things to know about gold, silver prices:
1. Globally, gold prices were steady in holiday-thin trade today after hitting a two-week peak in the previous session, with improved risk appetite weighing on the US dollar, reported. Spot gold was 0.1 per cent higher at $1,227.25 per ounce in the intraday trade. Prices on Wednesday marked their strongest since November 7 at $1,230.07 per ounce. US gold futures were flat at $1,227.6 per ounce.
2. In Delhi, gold of 99.9 per cent and 99.5 per cent purity rebounded by Rs. 90 each to Rs. 32,040 and Rs. 31,890 per 10 gram, respectively. It had lost Rs. 200 in the previous three days.
3. Sovereign gold, however, held steady at Rs. 24,800 per piece of 8 grams on little doing.
4. In line with gold, silver ready recovered by Rs. 200 to Rs. 38,000 per kg, while weekly-based delivery by Rs. 302 to Rs. 36,888 per kg.
5. Silver coins were unaltered at Rs. 73,000 for buying and Rs. 74,000 for selling of 100 pieces.>