Gold prices, today jumped by Rs. 130 to Rs. 32,350 per 10 grams at the bullion market on increased buying by local jewellers amid positive global trends, reported.
Silver also rallied by Rs. 250 to Rs. 39,750 per kg backed by increased offtake by industrial units and coin makers, it further said.
Traders said apart from a firm trend overseas, fresh buying by local jewellers at domestic spot market led to the recovery in gold prices. The precious metal had lost Rs. 50 on Monday.
Things to know about gold and silver prices today:
1. Globally, gold prices edged higher today as Asian stocks faltered, weighed down by political tensions between Saudi Arabia and Western powers, uncertainties around Brexit and Italy’s budgetary woes, reported .
Spot gold was up 0.2 per cent at $1,223.66 an ounce in the intraday trade. US gold futures rose 0.2 per cent to $1,226.5 an ounce.
2. In the national capital, gold of 99.9 per cent and 99.5 per cent purity rose by Rs. 130 each to Rs. 32,350 and Rs. 32,200 per 10 grams, respectively.
3. Sovereign gold, however, remained flat at Rs. 24,700 per piece of 8 grams.
4. Following gold, silver ready rose by Rs. 250 to Rs. 39,750 per kg and weekly-based delivery by Rs. 251 to Rs. 39,010 per kg.
5. Silver coins, however, continued to be traded at previous level of Rs. 75,000 for buying and Rs. 76,000 for selling of 100 pieces.>