Gold prices recovered by Rs. 80 to Rs. 32,150 per 10 gram at the bullion market today on revival of buying by jewellers to meet wedding season demand even as the precious metal weakened overseas, reported.
The rupee depreciating against the dollar by 54 paise to 73.04, making imports costlier, also supported the upside in gold prices, traders said. However, a weak trend overseas capped the gains. Silver rates also rose by Rs. 150 to Rs. 38,150 per kg today.
Things to know about gold prices, silver rates:
1. In the national capital, gold of 99.9 per cent and 99.5 per cent purity rebounded by Rs. 80 each to Rs. 32,150 and Rs. 32,000 per 10 gram, respectively.
2. Silver ready advanced by Rs. 150 to Rs. 38,150 per kg, while weekly-based delivery rose by Rs. 235 to Rs. 37,115 per kg. Silver coins held steady at Rs. 75,000 for buying and Rs. 76,000 for selling of 100 pieces.
3. Globally, gold fell 0.41 per cent to $1,205.50 an ounce in Singapore today. Silver shed 0.11 per cent to $14.23 an ounce.
4. Sovereign followed suit and traded higher by Rs. 100 to end at Rs. 24,800 per piece of 8 gram.
5. Gold firmed up after falling by Rs. 620 in the last four straight sessions. On Saturday, gold fell by Rs. 180 to Rs. 32,070 per 10 gram. Silver lost Rs. 400 at Rs. 38,000 per kg on Saturday.