BUSINESS: Gold prices, today rose by Rs. 155 to close at Rs. 32,650 per 10 gram at the bullion market due to increase in demand from local jewellers, reported . Besides, a weakening rupee against the US dollar and positive global cues aided the gain in the prices, traders were quoted . On Monday, the yellow metal rose by Rs. 145 to close at Rs. 32,495 per 10 gram.
Know about gold prices, silver rates today:
- In the national capital, gold of 99.9 per cent and 99.5 per cent purities surged Rs. 155 each to close at Rs. 32,650 and Rs. 32,500 per 10 gram, respectively.
- Sovereign gold held steady at Rs. 25,000 per piece of 8 gram.
- Globally, gold stood at $1,246.17 an ounce in New York and silver held steady at $14.59 an ounce.
- “The international gold is still steady near 5-month high amid Brexit uncertainty. Investor are also weighing latest developments on the trade war front as China’s Vice Premier, US treasury secretary and US trade representative spoke on phone and exchanged views on the timetable and map of future talks. In absence of any fresh cues in the evening session, we expect the yellow metal to remain under pressure,” said Jigar Trivedi, Fundamental Research Analyst, Anand Rathi Commodities.
- Silver ready rose by Rs. 425 to Rs. 38,575 per kg, while weekly-based delivery gained Rs. 269 to Rs. 38,159 per kg. Silver coins however held steady at Rs. 74,000 for buying and Rs. 75,000 for selling of 100 pieces.