Gold prices, rose by Rs. 150 to Rs. 31,150 per ten gram at the bullion market today, reported . The gain in gold prices is due to steady buying by local jewellers, driven by ongoing festive season demand and positive global cues. The metal has gained Rs. 380 in last three days.
Meanwhile, silver prices also gained by Rs. 170 to Rs. 38,470 per kg due to increased offtake by industrial units and coin makers, reported.
Things to know about gold prices, silver rates today:
1. According to traders, sentiment remained strong on the back of continuous buying by local jewellers to meet the festive season demand.
2. Positive global cues as dollar eased against its rival currencies overseas, raising the appeal of the precious metals as a safe haven asset, also supported the uptrend in gold.
3. Globally, gold was up 0.02 per cent to $1,211 an ounce and silver by 0.07 per cent to $14.87 an ounce in Singapore today.
4. Globally, gold steadied as the dollar hovered near a one-month low following a trade deal between the United States and Mexico, but concerns around a still developing US-China trade row kept a check on prices of the precious metal, reported.
5. In the national capital, gold of 99.9 per cent and 99.5 per cent purity gained Rs. 150 each to Rs. 31,150 and Rs. 31,000 per ten gram, respectively.
6. Sovereign gold traded higher by Rs. 100 at Rs. 24,600 per piece of eight gram.
7. Silver ready hardened by Rs. 170 to Rs. 38,470 per kg and weekly delivery by Rs. 125 to Rs. 37,275 per kg.
8. Silver coins too spurted by Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 73,000 for buying and Rs. 74,000 for selling of 100 pieces.>