The application process, for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) has begun from today i.e. November 1, 2018 on the official website of National Test Agency (NTA), nta.ac.in.
Earlier, GPAT was conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) but from next year, the test will be organised by the NTA.
After clearing the exam, the candidates are eligible to seek admission into Master in Pharmacy programme.
Steps to apply for GPAT 2019:
* Step 1: Filling the online registration with basic details on the NTA website, nta.ac.in
* Step 2: Fill up the application form using all your academic details (keep scanned copies of certificates ready)
* Step 3: One can use either offline or online mode of payment. For offline payment, generate a challan while filling the application form and pay that in the bank.
Required educational qualification for GPAT 2019:
* Candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates)
* The one who is in the final year of B Pharmacy course is also eligible for apply
Note: BTech (pharmaceutical and fine chemical technology)/equivalent students are not eligible to apply.
About the exam:
* Duration of examination: 3 hours
* Mode of examination: Online
Important dates to remember:
Beginning of application submission process: November 1, 2018
Closing date for application submission: November 30, 2018
Date of examination: January 28, 2019
* GPAT is a national level entrance examination that is conducted every year by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India
* This test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy graduates for admission into the Master’s (M.Pharm) program
* The GPAT is a three-hour computer based online test which is conducted in a single session
* The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges>