Here are some Dessert & Party Snacks Recipes by Del Monte
Baked Chicken Caprese Pasta
Preparation Time: 1 hour
· 2 cups, Del Monte farfalle, uncooked
· 1 cup, boneless chicken cubes, tossed in oil with ginger garlic paste and salt
· 2 ¼ cups, chicken stock
· 1/3cup, cream
· 250 grams, mozzarella, grated
· 1/3 cup, fresh basil
· 1 teaspoon, chili flakes
· 1 teaspoon, garlic, finely chopped
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Preheat the oven at 200 degrees centigrade. Grease 9*6 inches baking dish. In a bowl, combine cream, chicken cubes, 100 grams
mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, garlic, ½ of the basil, chicken stock, chilli flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
· Add pasta in to and mix. Empty the bowl into baking dish. Cover the dish well with foil and bake it for 35-40 minutes. Take the dish out carefully and check if the pasta is cooked al dente. If not, you can bake them for another 5-7 minutes until it’s just done
· Take out the dish and top it with remaining mozzarella and basil and broil it uncovered until cheese melts and turns just golden brown (7-8minutes)
· Allow it to sit for few minutes. Dish out and serve hot.
· 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 large onion, diced
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 stalks celery, diced
· 1 small size carrot nicely diced
· 1 small size zucchini diced
· salt and pepper to taste
· 2 tomatoes deseeded and diced
· 2 tablespoon Cup Del Monte Pasta Sauce
· 4 Cups stock or boiled pasta water
· 1/4 Cup red or white beans, boiled
· 1 cup Del Monte Elbow Pasta
· 1/3 cup finely grated cheese
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
· Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
· Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
· Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
· Add the celery, zucchini, carrot and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
· Season with salt and pepper to taste.
· Cook for few more minutes.
· Add the diced tomatoes, pasta sauce and the stock to the pot.
· Bring to a boil.
· Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes.
· Stir in the beans and pasta and cook until the pasta and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
· Season with salt. Ladle into bowls and top with the grated cheese and chopped parsley.
Serve it with toasted bread.
Total Time: under 30 mins
· ¾ cup, all-purpose flour, sifted
· ½ cup, cocoa powder, sifted
· ¾ cup, brown sugar
· 3, medium sized eggs
· 1 teaspoon, vanilla essence
· 100 grams, butter
· ½ cup, Del Monte Dried Cranberries
· 50 grams, dark chocolate, chopped
· Preheat the oven at 180 degrees centigrade.
Line 8×8 inches square pan.
· In a large oven proof bowl, melt chocolate and butter together in a microwave for couple of minutes. Take it out and whisk them well.
· Add sugar and mix. Add one egg at a time and whisk well. Add vanilla essence and mix.
· Add flour and cocoa powder and fold.
· Pour the mixture in the lined pan. Add cranberries and level the mixture evenly.
· Bake the brownies for 20 to 25 minutes or until skewers come out clean.
· Cool, cut and serve.
Cranberry & Prunes Cookies
Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 12 Cookies
· 1/2 Cup, unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
· 1/4 cup, granulated white sugar
· 1 teaspoon, pure vanilla extract
· 1 1/4 Cup, all purpose flour
· A pinch of salt
· 1 large egg yolk
For the Filling:
· 1/2 Cup, Del Monte Pitted Prunes
· 1/2 Cup, Del Monte Dried Cranberries
· 1 Cup, sugar
· 2/3rd Cup, water
· In a pan, add prunes, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/3 cup water. Cook until it reaches thick jam consistency and prunes are soft.
· Take it off the heat and cool. Blend it to a pulse to make the sauce. Set aside.
Make the cookies:
· Using a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment beat butter on high speed until creamy, for about 1 minute. Switch mixer to
medium speed and add sugar and vanilla.
· Add the egg yolk and beat for a minute.
· Add flour and mix well to form a soft dough. Do not knead the dough.
· Press the dough down to compact it and tightly cover with plastic wrap to chill until firm, for at least 1 – 2 hours.
· Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Shape the cookie dough into balls of equal size,
approximately 1 tablespoon of dough per ball.
· Make an indentation with your thumb into each ball. The dough may crack slightly when you press your thumb into it. Simply smooth it out
with your fingers.
· Fill one cookie with 1/2 teaspoon of cranberry sauce while the other one with the prune sauce.
· Bake the shortbread thumbprint cookies for 14 -15 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the edges. The cookies will puff up and spread slightly.
· Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Coconut Cranberry Chocolate Fudge
Total Time: Under 15 mins
Servings: 18 bite-sized squares
· 400 gram condensed milk
· 300 gram white chocolate
· 100 gram desiccated coconut
· 130 gram Del Monte Dried Cranberries
· 50 gram dried almonds, finely sliced
· Pinch of salt
· Layer a baking pan or any square pan with parchment paper. Leave enough extra paper on
· the edge so that you can pull the fudge out once set.
· In a pan, spread the desiccated coconut and toast until golden brown.
· In a sauce pan, pour condensed milk along with finely chopped white chocolate.
· At a medium heat cook the milk until the chocolate melts. Keep stirring to avoid it from burning.
· Once done, switch off the heat and mix toasted coconut, salt along almond and cranberries.
· Give a stir and pour the mixture to the prepared pan.
· Allow it to refrigerate for 4 hrs or overnight to set.
· Once set, cut in bite size and store it in an air tight jar in the refrigerator.