Sixteen States have implemented 75% or more of the 340 reforms based on Implementation Score in Business Reform Action Plan 2016.In Business Reform Action Plan 2017-18, 18 States have achieved a combined score of more than 75%.
The ease of doing business initiative of the government is achieved through Business Reform Action Plan wherein the endeavor is to make the processes simpler and transparent, reduce the timelines for various regulatory approvals and eliminate physical interface between the department and the business with the ultimate aim of increasing investments in the States and Union Territories (UTs).
As a result of the Business Reform Action Plan Exercise 2017-18:
19 State/UTs – Established specialized Commercial Courts in major towns/clusters in the State
22 State/UTs – Reduced the number of documents required for obtaining electricity connection to only 2 as against 16 in 2016
21 State/UTs- Designed and implemented online Single Window System with functionality for online application submission, payment and
12 State/UTs – Created online single window system for uploading building plans and providing construction permits
21 State/UTs -Digitized land transaction deeds of last 2 years at all sub-registrar offices
16 States and UTs have a combined score
of less than 50% under Business Reform Action Plan 2017-18. In this regard, DIPP has taken numerous initiatives in 2017-18 such as:
· DIPP along with the World Bank conducted a nationwide workshop in July 2017 and 8 State/UT level workshops to share good practices and provide guidance on implementing reforms.
· In 2017, DIPP organized dedicated Video Conferences with North East States to help them in understanding the Business Reform Action
· In October – December 2018, workshops were conducted in each Union Territory to address challenge faced by them in implementing
· DIPP also adopted handholding method of partnering leading States with low scoring States so that the latter could learn from the former.
· 2 regional workshops, one each in Guwahati and Lucknow, have been conducted. In the following weeks, 3 more such workshops will be conducted in Kolkata, Mumbai and Bangalore.
This information was given by the Minister of State of Commerce and Industry, C. R. Chaudhary, in a written reply in the Lok Sabha.>