The festival of colours,Holi is just around the corner. It’s time to gear up for the most vibrant festival of the year. Holi is one of the most important Hindu festivals and is celebrated with much fanfare by the community, across the world. The joy of being drenched in hues of blue, pink and yellow colours is above all. However, there’s no denying the fact that most Holi colours these days are made using chemicals that can damage your hair and skin to a great extent. These chemicals could turn out to be extremely dangerous and might penetrate the top layers of your skin, causing rashes and acne breakouts. Hence, it is of utmost importance to take proper care of your hair and skin before you head out to play Holi. Here’s a list of 5 easy tips that can come to your rescue! Read on to know more about them.
1. Ice cubes: Before applying anything, massage your face with ice cubes for about 10 minutes as they have the ability to close the open pores. Once this is done, apply organic oil or sunscreen. Doing this will keep acne at bay.
2. Almond Oil: Almond oil can do wonders for your skin. The very first thing that you should do before playing Holi is to apply almond oil on your entire body. Almond oil is a rich source of vitamin E. It provides nourishment to the skin and acts as a protective layer between the skin and the colours. Apart from this, it also prevents the colours from sticking to the body.
3. Sunscreen: Due to the constant exposure to the sun, the risk of tanning increases. To avoid tanning, apply waterproof sunscreen moisturizer as it can protect your skin to a great extent.
4. Coconut Oil: It is always better to wash your hair a day before Holi. Later, all you’ve got to do is to apply a layer of coconut oil on your hair and roots as it will prevent it from getting dry and frizzy.
5. Petroleum Jelly: Rather than using those regular lip balms, make sure you use petroleum jelly on your lips as its texture is thick and will work for a longer period of time. Apart from this, you can apply petroleum jelly on neck, back of ears and between fingers too.
In order to secure your skin and hair from harmful Holi colours, follow these 5 tips and make the most of this lovely festival.
Wish you all a very Happy Holi from Clipper28.>