Mumbai: Claiming foul-play in the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, Karni Sena member Surjeet Singh Rathore on Saturday said he was willing to share all that he knew with the CBI team investigating the case if they approach him.
The Karni Sena member claimed he was present at the Cooper Hospital, where the post-mortem on the deceased’s body was conducted, and alleged actor Rhea Chakraborty was behaving guiltily and had said ‘Sorry Babu’ upon seeing the mortal remains of the actor, which made him suspicious.
Earlier on yesterday, a lawyer for the late actor’s father, Vikas Singh, had said Rhea Chakraborty’s visit to mortuary is “very suspicious” as she had “no relationship” with Sushant Singh Rajput on the day of his death and there is a possibility of tampering with evidence.
The CBI team reached the Bandra Police Station for further investigation in the Rajput death’s case on Friday. Earlier on Friday, the CBI team brought an unidentified person related to the case, to the guest house where they are staying, for questioning.
On August 19, while holding that the FIR registered in Patna over the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput was legitimate, the Supreme Court directed the CBI to investigate the case.
The apex court also asked the Mumbai Police to hand over all the evidence collected so far in the case to the CBI. The state of Maharashtra refused the option to challenge the order, Justice Roy said.
The CBI has registered an FIR against Rhea Chakraborty and others in connection with the actor’s death after the Centre accepted Bihar government’s recommendation to transfer the probe in the matter from Patna.
An FIR was registered in Patna on a complaint filed by KK Singh, Rajput’s father, under sections related to abetment to suicide. Rajput was found dead at his Mumbai residence on June 14.