Industrial mishap near Kalyan; eleven workers rushed to hospital after gas leak

The incident happened on Thursday night

Industrial mishap near Kalyan; eleven workers rushed to hospital after gas leak

In a major industrial mishap, at least one worker die while eleven others had to be rushed to hospital after toxic gas leaked from one of the pipelines in Century Rayon Limited factory in Shahad near Kalyan.

The incident happened on Thursday night.

The factory is located around 46km from Mumbai city.

The incident took place when a team of workers were repairing a pipeline in one of the plants.

The victim who lost his life in the incident has been identified as 34-yr-old Sanjay Sharma.

A team of fire officials and local police rushed to the spot and stopped the gas leak.

Following the incident, the workers’ union and relatives of those affected by the gas leak have raised concern over the lack of safety measures taken during repair works in the company.

However, the company clarified that all safety norms were followed at the company.

It also said that while the senior staff reached the spot immediately, the affected were sent to hospital for treatment immediately.

new jindal advt tree advt
Back to top button