Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation the ticketing arm of Indian Railways has named unauthorised food suppliers aboard trains.
Warning railway passengers against unauthorised providers of food delivery service, IRCTC named 11 such entities. Railyatri, Khanagadi, Khanaonline, Travelzaika, Trainfood, Travelfood, Travelerfood, Food in train, Food on wheel, Railrasoi and erail are “not authorised to deliver food in trains.
Do not risk your lives by ordering through them,” IRCTC said on microblogging site Twitter. It urged railway passengers to order food through authorised channels, such as mobile app ‘Food On Track’ and website ‘e-catering’ (ecatering.irctc.co.in).
Here are five things to know:
1) IRCTC is the only authorised agency to take and deliver orders through e-catering in trains, the Indian Railways’ e-ticketing arm said.
2) IRCTC currently offers mobile app Food On Track on smartphones based on Google platform Android.
3) The e-catering scheme aims to provide quality and variety in food to railway passengers, according to IRCTC’s website.
4) IRCTC is the official agency for the e-catering scheme which it runs through its authorised partners.
5) IRCTC currently offers its e-catering service at several railway stations in major metro cities. These include Mumbai Central (BCT), Chatrapati Shivaji Terminal (CST), New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS), Old Delhi Railway Station (DEL), Bangalore City Junction (SBC), Chennai Central (MAS), Kanpur (CNB), Allahabad Junction (ALD), Varanasi (BSB), Lucknow (LKO), Itarasi (ET), Bhopal Junction (BPL) and Vijaywada (BZA), according to IRCTC.
How to order food via IRCTC’s e-catering service
Train passengers can book onboard meals through four modes: Online (through website www.ecatering.irctc.co.in), mobile app (through ‘Food On Track’), telephone (by dialing ‘1323’) and SMS (by sending MEAL to ‘139’), according to the IRCTC e-catering website.
Who can order via IRCTC’S e-catering service: Any passenger having a valid reservation ticket can book the meal through website. This facility can be availed by passengers having a valid reservation ticket including e-tickets or tickets taken from reservation window.>