With the Covid-19 lockdown having been extended four times and now set to be lifted on May 31, the states are trying to release the exam dates to hold the pending board exams. The pending Kerala Class 10 and Class 12 board exams will be held from May 26, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said.
the CM while speaking to reporters said that special provisions were being taken for the safety of students and teachers since the Kerala board exams would be taking place amidst the Coronavirus pandemic.
He added that every district in Kerala has conflict resolution centres now with the help of which 254 complaints out of the received 340 had been resolved already.
Moreover, the state government had also received permission to conduct the board exams in Gulf regions as well, Pinarayi Vijayan said.
7 steps taken by Kerala government for safe board exams
Here are the various steps taken by the Kerala government for safely conducting the Kerala SSC and SSLC pending board exams:
1. Students coming from containment zones or those with family members under home quarantine will get separate seating arrangements.
2. Students coming to Kerala from other states will need to undergo a 14-day quarantine and special arrangements would be made so they can sit for board exams.
3. Every teacher will have to wear both face masks and gloves while every student will be given face masks to wear.
4. After the exam, the answer sheets for Kerala SSC and SSLC board exams would be kept in the exam centres for seven days and the fire force will disinfect the schools.
5. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, at least 10,920 students have applied for exam centre change. The question papers for the Kerala board exam 2020 will be distributed accordingly.
6. The students appearing for the Kerala SSC, SSLC 2020 board exams will be given transportation to reach the exam centres.
7. CM Pinarayi Vijayan said the Kerala government is purchasing over 5,000 IR thermometers for thermal screening. Students will be screened and the medical team will attend to them if anything is found to be wrong.