Lower sex-esteem is really an issue between many couples.If you’re often not in the mood for physical intimacy with your partner, there could be something you’re doing wrong that’s killing your sex drive.
Are you often not in the mood for doing it? Do you sometimes zap out of the desire and get distracted while you’re having intercourse with your partner? If sex has suddenly become mechanical for you, it’s not natural.
There must be some external preventable elements that are killing your sex drive and making you uncomfortable with your partner. Lack of desire for physical intimacy in your relationship can put a strain on it, without you realizing what you did wrong.
Here are 5 things that can be killing your sex drive, that you can control to enjoy your relationship more.
1. Either you or your partner snores: Not only does snoring make you dislike the other person (the exact opposite of getting yourself aroused by love between you both), it also decreases testosterone levels in men and women. This means that you’ll feel less interested to participate in sex if you snore.Snoring can be due to sleep apnea, a condition that reduces testosterone in the body.
2. You are stressed or tired: Being tired or sleepy can make you irritated and not in the mood for sexual intercourse. Always try to sleep for 6-8 hours to increase your libido. Additionally, work stress can be a killer of sex drive since you you won’t be able to think clearly about your partner, relation or let sexual pleasure overtake your disturbing thoughts.
3. Too much porn: If you overindulging in audio or visual pornographic content, your expectations with intercourse in reality could get skewed, lessening your sex drive. Also, relying on porn can be a cause of low self esteem for your partner, making him/her uncomfortable during sex. Not just this, over-stimulation of dopamine through porn or masturbation can make it tougher for your brain to respond to foreplay.
4. You’ve been eating a lot of junk: Fatty or processed foods can make you feel nauseous, bloated and dehydrated. And so you will definitely not feel like doing sex. The fat and salt content can also lead to blockages in your arteries, restricting blood flow to the penile region. Additionally, processed foods are stripped of zinc in the making, a nutrient that is essential for sexuality and fertility.Junk food is low in zinc and high in salt and fat that can kill your sex drive.
5. You are putting too much pressure: If you’re too conscious of your body image or the desire to reach an orgasm that is too late or too strong is all that’s on your mind, then the pressure can zap out sexual desire from you. Try to feel comfortable with your body and indulge in foreplay more. Don’t think too much about what will happen next, just concentrate on the now.