Lunar eclipse is going to take place on the night of July 27, 2018, and the early hours of July 28. The Moon will be visible in a scarlet red hue for over 1 hour and 43 minutes, which is longer than any other blood moon measured in recent times.
Since the Moon will be passing through one of the darkest regions of the Earth’s shadow called as ‘The Umbra’, therefore, it will last for a longer period.
Timings of total Lunar Eclipse in India
The total lunar eclipse will be fully visible in India. The penumbral eclipse will begin at 11:44 pm IST followed by a partial eclipse at 11:54 pm. A total eclipse will start at 1:00 am (July 28).
The moon, closest to the center of the shadow, will showcase the maximum eclipse at 1:51 am. At 2:43 am, the total eclipse will end. The partial eclipse will start again around 3:49 am. At 4:58 am, the penumbral eclipse will end. The total duration of the eclipse will be six hours and 14 minutes.
If we talk about the other countries, the lunar eclipse will be visible in South America, East Africa, the West Asia and Central Asia.
Various points to keep in mind during the Lunar Eclipse:
The effects will be applicable from nine hours prior to the actual eclipse.
1. Avoid going out during the eclipse.
2. Make sure that you do not touch the idols of the Gods. Better to keep them covered and away from the reach during this time.
3. Any kind of auspicious works should not be done during this period; otherwise, you might see some negative effects.
4. Pregnant women need to avoid going out during this period.
5. Tasks such as cutting, sewing, knitting, etc., also need to be abandoned during this period.
6. It is said that one must refrain oneself from eating, drinking as well as cutting nails.
7. It is also believed that unmarried women should not see the Moon of the eclipse as it might bring out some negative effects, leading to problems in their marriage.
8. Basil leaves prove to be as a protective remedy against the negative effects of the eclipse. Keeping basil leaves in drinking water as well as in food will help to protect them.
Prayers on Lunar Eclipse
One can recite the following mantra, Om Cham Chandraye Nameh, 2,500 times, with pearl rosary in East direction.
Benefit: The malefic effect of Moon will be rectified. It will help to improve the Raj Yoga and Gaj Kesari Yoga in the horoscope. It will help you to get rid of depression and lunatic disposition. And, the unmarried will fulfill their desire to have a good spouse.
Vaastu tip for the Lunar Eclipse
Take seven very small squares of silver, fold in a blue cloth and keep it in the North direction. The process will eliminate all the darkness and you will get rid of fears and phobias in the house.>