Ahmedabad: A massive fire broke out Monday at a chemical factory in an industrial estate in Sanad near here in Gujarat, but nobody was injured in the incident.
The blaze occurred this evening in the godown of a chemical unit located in Uma Estate where the barrels filled with chemicals were stored, a fire department official said.
The fire spread rapidly as the chemical-filled drums exploded one after another.
Around 15 fire tenders are trying to put out the flames.
“Fire broke out at the godown located in the compound of the chemical factory where chemical drums are stored. Due to fire, many drums containing solvent exploded, fuelling the fire further. However, fire personnel prevented the blaze from spreading to other areas,” said Ahmedabad Chief Fire Officer M F Dastur.
“No loss to life or injury has been reported,” he added.