An MoU for collaboration in LPG services was signed here today between Oil Marketing Companies (IOCL, HPCL & BPCL) and CSC e-Governance Services India Limited in presence of Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad,
Minister of Law & Justice and Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) and Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development &Entrepreneurship.
CSC SPV and OMCs have agreed to facilitate their distributors to avail the following services through Common Services Centers:
· Booking new LPG connection (Ujjwala & General category)
· Booking of LPG refills (14.2 Kg cylinders)
· Supply & distribution of LPG cylinders (storage up to 100 Kgs,) through CSCs.
Common Services Centre will help beneficiaries to provide the above OMCs service near to their home, accessing through Digital Seva Portal.
Speaking on the Occasion, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan said that this MoU will help in filling the gaps in reaching the rural and far-flung areas, by appropriate use of the technology and harnessing the enterprising spirit of the people of India.
He said that digital platforms have been successfully used in the schemes of DBTL in de-duplication of the LPG connections and Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana (PMUY) in release of 5.75 Crore Ujjawala connections in just two and half years.
The Minister said that CSCs work at the grassroot level and will help in reaching the people at the bottom of the pyramid.
He said that the pilot scheme is already running and he expects to involve over 1 lakh CSCs, particularly in rural area, in next 2-3 months. Describing the CSCs as the change agents, he said that they will help in booking and delivery of LPG cylinders and booking of new connections. He informed that in the PMUY, 80% refillings are being done.
Congratulating the partners in the MoU, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad said that this is an apt example of Digital inclusion, using technology for the benefit of the common man.
He said that the number of CSCs has increased almost 4 fold in last four and half years, and it is offering a bouquet of services, providing direct benefit to the common man, largely in non-metro areas. The Minister said that India has passion for technology and now that ecosystem and opportunities are being provided, results and changes are happening.
Benefits to Citizens
Following benefits will accrue to the citizens through this partnership:
· Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) and CSC SPV agreed to provide the benefits of Ujjawla connection,refilling of new connection and other services through CSCs for last mile access at their doorstep.
· Beneficiary can visit the nearby CSCs across India to get the services of OMCs.
· CSCs will help a beneficiary in booking a new gas connection request, refilling request and delivery of GasCylinder.
· CSCs will help beneficiary to scan/upload her KYC documents for verification of his/her identity for new booking connection.
· Beneficiaries can collect the Gas Cylinder from their nearby Common ServicesCentres.
· CSCs will also provide requisite information about the scheme and promote it among citizens so that maximum number of beneficiaries can avail thebenefit.
· Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas is appointing 1 UjjawalaDidi for every 5 villages whose prime responsibility is to support and give service to UjjawalaBeneficiaries.
· CSCs has supported in conducting session in 100 LPG Panchayats where one hour training and demo given to Ujjawala beneficiaries on safety mode of using gas cylinders and on Refill option.>