National

Rahul Gandhi Broke Silence over Ongoing ‘Me Too’ Movement

Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Friday broke his silence over the ongoing ‘Me Too’ movement, stating in a tweet that everyone must treat women with dignity and respect.

Rahul Gandhi today, broke his silence over the ongoing ‘Me Too’ movement that has seen several women come forward to narrate their ordeal of sexual harassment and call out their violators on social media.

In a tweet, the Congress President said that everyone must learn to treat women with respect and dignity.

Gandhi further added that the truth needed to be told “loud and clear” if change has to be ushered in the society. “It’s about time everyone learns to treat women with respect and dignity. I’m glad the space for those who don’t, is closing. The truth needs to be told loud and clear in order to bring about change,” he said in his tweet.

Notably, Gandhi’s statement in support of the victims of sexual harassment comes at a time when at least 10 women, including senior journalists, have alleged that they had been sexually harassed by former journalist and Minister of State for External Affairs MJ Akbar.

Incidentally, amid the growing calls for Akbar’s resignation, the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party continues to remain silent.

Summary
Review Date
Reviewed Item
Rahul Gandhi Broke Silence over Ongoing ‘Me Too’ Movement
Author Rating
51star1star1star1star1star
Tags