Ahead of the CBI court’s verdict in the 15-year-old rape case, an unprecedented security cover was put in place across Punjab and Haryana.
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim taken into custody.
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim held guilty of rape. He faces 7 years in jail.
- Verdict is being read out inside courtroom.
- Proceedings begin in special CBI court in Panchkula.
- Court asks police to file FIR against any politician who try to interfere in police duty.
- Court asks police to use full force if Dera supporters try to enter court premises in Panchkula.
- Haryana and Punjab High Court issues fresh directives to administration to maintain law and order.
- We are ready to handle any situation arising out of court’s verdict in Gurmeet Ram Rahim’s rape case, says CM Khattar.
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar appeals Dera supporters to maintain peace.
- Security deployed for verdict, CRPF: 97 companies; Rapid Action Force: 16; Sashastra Seema Bal: 37; ITBP: 12; BSF 21; Standby: 10
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim reaches Panchkula court.
- Internet services suspended for 48 hours and Section 144 imposed in Sri Ganganagar, Rajasthan in the light of expected verdict in a rape case against Gurmeet Ram Rahim.
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim to reach Panchkula court shortly.
- Ram Rahim’s convoy reaches Chandigarh.
- The high court reprimands Haryana government for laxity in dealing with the situation.
- Ensure Gurmeet Ram Rahim appears before court today: Punjab and Haryana High Court tells Haryana government.
- Hydraulic cranes deployed at Panchkula court.
- Helicopters deployed for surveillance. Panchkula administration plan to press drone into service for surveillance before court proceedings start.