Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday, 20 March, said that 39 Indians who were kidnapped in Iraq’s Mosul have died.
Speaking in the Rajya Sabha, Swaraj said deep penetration radar confirmed that all Indians were dead after all bodies were exhumed.
Earlier in 2017, Sushma had said that she had no evidence that the missing Indians in Mosul were dead.
The 39 Indians were kidnapped near Iraq’s Mosul by the Islamic State in June 2014.
Speaking in the Rajya Sabha, External Affaris Minister Sushma Swaraj confirmed that 39 Indians who were kidnapped by the Islamic State in 2014 were dead.
She said that the DNA samples of 38 Indians matched, while that of 39th Indian matched up to 70 percent.>