Trump’s star along the Hollywood Walk of Fame again destroyed

One reporter on the scene said he learned a man walked up with a guitar case and pulled out a pickaxe.

On Wednesday morning it was reported that Donald Trump‘s star along the Hollywood Walk of Fame was once again destroyed.

According to witnesses and pictures from the scene, the star was totally demolished, not just vandalized, which has also happened numerous times.

“So this just happened again.. somebody used a pickaxe to destroy Donald Trump’s star on the Walk of Fame,” tweeted NBCLA reporter Jonathan Gonzalez. “Still trying to learn more, but we know it’s been vandalized multiple times, just never on this level.”

In another tweet, Gonzalez wrote: “Multiple people including police tell me a man walked up with a guitar case and pulled out the pickaxe. Then, it’s believed, he called police himself to report it, but left the scene before they got here. Now, he’s nowhere to be found.”

This marks the second time the president’s star has been totally destroyed.

In 2016, 53-year-old James Lambert Otis was taped destroying the star with a jackhammer and a pickaxe. He later pleaded no contest to one felony count of vandalism.

Otis told those taping him he was committing the act in response to remarks he said the then-presidential candidate had previously made concerning sexual assault on the infamous Billy Bush tape.

Back to top button