If the kitchen is on the ground floor, the dining hall should not be on the upper floor. For carry the food, crossing the stair is not proper to some extent.
It is most profitable to have the dining room in the west side of the building. If it is in the east or north it is tolerably good.
While taking food, the head of the family should sit facing the east. Others should sit facing the east, the west or the north. However, nobody should sit facing the south. If it is done, unnecessary quarrels take place.
Before we starts taking our food it should be served to the cow, the birds and animals etc
- The dining hall should have a door in the east, the north or the west. There should be no arches.
- The dining table should not be round shaped, egg shaped, hexagonal or of irregular shape. It should be square or rectangular in shape. It should not be attached or folding with the wall.
- There should be water in the north-east corner of the room. Wash-basin should be in the east or the north, leaving the south-east and the south –west corner.
- Nature portraits and paintings in the dining room makes the atmosphere happy.
- There should not be any attached toilet in the dining room. There is no harm in an attached room used for washing clothes or utensils.
The door of the dining room and the main entrance door of the house should not be facing each other directly. The wall of the dining hall should have light blue, yellow, saffron or light green colour.