- 1 packaged prebaked pizza crusts
- 1 red onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 container refrigerated prepared pesto sauce
- 1 package crumbled goat cheese (9 ounce)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Pre-heat your grill (or grill pan) to medium-high.
- Cut zucchini and peeled eggplant into slices. Brush slices with olive oil
- Grill zucchini and eggplant until tender and grill marks appear. Once done, cut into ¾-inch pieces and set aside.
- Grill whole pepper until it turns black. Remove from grill and place in a large Ziploc bag immediately.
- After 20 minutes, remove peppers from bag and peel off blackened skin. Cut peppers into strips and set aside.
- Peel onion and cut into 1-inch thick slices.
- Remove the outer ring of skin from each slice, drizzle with oil and grill for about 5-7 minutes on each side until onion is tender and begins to caramelize (brown).
- Remove from grill, cut slices in half and separate. Set aside.
- Mix together eggplant, bell pepper, zucchini, onion, salt, pepper, thyme, and olive oil.
- Lay pizza crusts on 2 lightly greased baking sheets; apply pesto evenly over crusts, and place vegetables evenly over pesto. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese and 1/4 cup pine nuts over vegetables.
- Bake pizzas at 425° for 25 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.