Kolkata:Adding woes to the situation, the meteorological department has predicted more rains on Tuesday and Wednesday in Kolkata and several districts in South Bengal.
Due to the prolific rainfall and subsequent waterlogging at Kolkata station in Sealdah Division and Tikiapara yard, several Howrah-bound trains were also short-terminated at Dum Dum Junction or Kankinara while many others short-originated at Sealdah instead of Kolkata.
The trains that have been cancelled are:
- 03113/03114 Kolkata – Lalgola – Kolkata special
- 02261 Kolkata – Haldibari special
- 03161 Kolkata – Balurghat special.
The trains that have been diverted are:
- Kolkata – Gorakhpur special will be originated from Sealdah instead of Kolkata.
- Gorakhpur – Kolkata special will be diverted to Sealdah.
The trains that have been short terminated are:
- Sitamarhi – Kolkata special at Kankinara
- Radhikapur – Kolkata special at Belgharia
- 03122 Gazipur – Kolkata special at Dum Dum Junction
The trains that have been rescheduled are:
- Kolkata – Jammu Tawi special has been rescheduled at 14.45hrs
- Kolkata – Amritsar special rescheduled at 15.20hrs
- Howrah – Malda special rescheduled at 16.30hrs.