World Teachers Day, is held yearly on October 5. This day is known as International Teachers Day also. Since its set up in 1994, the day celebrates the marking of the ” teaching in Freedom” in 1996.
Last year the theme was “Engaging Teachers”. It is observed all over the world over since 1994 after the UNESCO Recommendation concerning Teachers.
What is the purpose of the World Teachers Day?
Its point is to centre around “acknowledging, evaluating and enhancing the instructors of the world” and to give a chance to consider the issues identified with educators and the teaching process in general.
Late year World Teachers’ Day honoured the twentieth commemoration of the 1997 UNESCO points concerning the Status of Higher-Education Teaching Personnel, bringing the occasionally disregarded zone of showing staff at Higher Education foundations into the discussion about teachers. In 2018 the teachers day will be on a Friday, and it is worth following.
The event has consistently been held on October 5 since 1994 and the goal is the same; to honours educators’ associations around the world.
Its point is to prepare to bolster for instructors and to guarantee that the requirements of future ages will keep on being met by educators.
As indicated by UNESCO, World Teachers’ Day speaks to a massive token of the mindfulness, comprehension and thankfulness showed for the fundamental commitment that educators make in advancement by teaching.
The Education International (EI) organisation firmly trusts that World Teachers’ Day ought to be globally perceived and celebrated far and wide. EI likewise believes that the standards of the 1966/97 suggestions ought to be considered for execution in all countries.
More than 100 nations celebrate the World Teachers’ Day globally. The endeavours of Education International and its 401 associations have added to this broadly spread acknowledgement.
Consistently, EI dispatches an open mindfulness crusade to feature the commitments of the teaching calling.
Powerful Quotes By Famous Personalities :
* Creativity is the key to success in the future, and primary education is where teachers can bring creativity in children at that level – APJ Abdul Kalam.
* It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression & knowledge. – Albert Einstein.
* Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world – Nelson Mandela.
* The true teachers are those who help us think for ourselves – Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan.
* Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man – Swami Vivekananda.
* If a man neglects education, he walks lame to the end of his life – Plato.
* I have always felt that the true text-book for the pupil is his teacher – Mahatma Gandhi.
* If you were successful somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life – Barack Obama.
* One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world – Malala Yousafzai.
* Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important – Bill Gates.